WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF VOLUNTEERS
There are lots of ways to get involved with Feet First!
We can use people who:
- Enjoy organizing events (including our walks!)
- Can help drive social media, and are willing to write and design communications
- Help shape our policy ideas
- Can speak to volunteers, the public, and/or elected officials,
- Want to start advocacy in their own community
- Can help with fundraising
The following technical skills are particularly helpful as well:
- GIS and GeoSpatial Analysis
- Graphic design
- Legal analysis of potential new policies
- Website development and maintenance
Through volunteering with Feet First, I’ve had the chance to work with top-notch urbanists, urban planners, designers, landscape architects, people who know how to make cities and towns safer for everyone, from recreational walkers to transit users, people who walk to work, children going to school, to seniors and the disabled. The staff and volunteers at Feet First are dedicated, smart, committed and really, I mean really, — fun to work with.
– Jonathan Freeman, FeetFirst Policy Committee Volunteer, 2016 – present