Submit an Entry to the Feet First IWALK Challenge
You’ve done the work, now get the credit! Three lucky schools in Washington State will win prizes for their IWALK achievements. Will yours be one of them?
Download our submission form here!
If your school hosted any kind of celebration for International Walk to School Month (IWALK) in October, you are eligible to win the IWALK Challenge. Schools may be public or private, serving students of any ages from pre-K through high school. Events may be single-day events, month-long campaigns, or anything in between.
Submissions accepted NOW through November 9th
Download our submission form and complete it by writing a brief description of your event. Choose at least one photograph (JPG, GIF) of the event to submit with the form. Send your completed form and photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, November 9th.
More about the Prizes
The following prizes will be awarded to the IWALK Challenge winners:
- Shoes for a Classroom: 35 pairs of Brooks athletic shoes in various children’s sizes
- IWALK Champion: A $250 gift certificate to USGAMES.com to purchase active play equipment for your school’s PE classroom
- Strong First IWALK: A $125 gift certificate to USGAMES.com for a school celebrating IWALK for the first time.
How are the Prize Winners Selected?
Prize winners will be chosen by our IWALK Celebrity Panel of Judges, who will be looking for the best account of an event with distinction in any or all of the following ways:
- a fun theme or other show of creativity
- high participation rates
- evidence of having overcome barriers to achieve success
Register on the National IWALK Website
Please check the national IWALK website to see that every school you are working with is registered there. This website is separate from the IWALK Challenge, but it is still very helpful for our state to have as many schools listed here as possible. Please take this small step to pitch in to our collective sense of momentum and accomplishment. Thank you!
Past IWALK Blogs from Feet First
Check out these past IWALK-related blogs from Feet First:
- IWALK Issue 1: Bring IWALK to your School
- IWALK Issue 2: Finding champions for your Campaign
- IWALK Issue 3: Choose the IWALK Campaign that’s Right for your School
- IWALK Issue 4: Making it Real
- IWALK Issue 5: Building Excitement
- IWALK Issue 6: Making it Count