Continuing with our series of walks to keep you going this winter – here’s another walk from our Neighborhood Walking Ambassadors in Kent! We encourage you to keep walking through the winter!
This month, Jim recommends this walk in Kent – Walk north along the Soos Creek Trail from Gary Grant Pak on the Kent East Hill
LOCATION: Gary Grant Park, SE 208th Street, Kent. (first left after 136th Ave. SE)
Find on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/fpAzzBwbsYF2
Jim says: ”The Soos Creek trail north from the park seems to have a more interesting and varied landscape than the south trail. I especially like viewing the trees growing from long dead stumps”.
Turning left out of the park onto the Soos Creek Trail. It soon crosses SE Lake Young’s Way on a crosswalk with lights. The trail ends just under 1.5 miles to the north at SE 192nd St.
ACCESS: The Soos Creek Trail is all paved, but it contains hills. So, please take care if you or someone with you uses a wheelchairs or stroller.
DISTANCE: It’s just under 3.0 miles out and back to reach the north end of the trail (or do less if you want) in your own time and speed. For example, at a pace of 2.5 mph 3 miles takes just over one hour. For most of us that’s plenty in the winter!
Jim says: “Feet First walks are an important way to stay active and help to keep physically fit. I continue to take three-mile walks twice a week all year round”.
WEATHER: Check out the Kent weather forecast at:
RESTROOMS: There at restrooms at Gary Grant close to the parking lot.
PRECAUTIONS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF & FOLLOW TO PREVENT COVID-19 TRANSMISSION:
– Maintain 6ft. social distancing from all others whenever possible
– Bring a mask or other face covering that covers your mouth and nose. This must be worn whenever you cannot keep at least 6ft. from others.
– Bring hand sanitizer to use after you touch a hard surface that may have been touched by others
– Try to avoid touching your face
– If you walk with family or friends keep you group to 6 max. You may also take a dog on a leash
As always, you will find details on all of Feet First’s in-person walks by visiting our Meetup group!