Please pass this job announcement to anyone you think would be interested and qualified!
Feet First is Washington’s only nonprofit exclusively focused on pedestrian issues and advocacy. We are partnering with the Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control to bring about positive change throughout the state. The objective is to implement Walking programs in local communities statewide to aid in the prevention and management of arthritis.
Feet First is hiring a Program Manager to implement a “Walk with Ease” program in select locations across Washington. This Program Manager is responsible for identifying potential program sites and partner organizations, providing education and training, and leading implementation of the program. This position will involve extensive travel throughout western and eastern Washington. Significant time will be spent in the field partnering with local communities to start and maintain successful walking programs.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, passionate about walking and public health, and able to manage multiple projects at once. The position is full time for the first year, with potential to maintain full time status depending on program success. Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely when not traveling. Some travel may be expected if and when it is safe to resume face to face meetings.
Initially the position is scoped to supporting Feet First’s Walk with Ease program. As the person develops in role there will be opportunities to expand scope of responsibilities to other areas of Feet First.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders in multiple cities across Washington while vetting for program fit; onsite visits to select locations (safety permitting) may be required.
- Be the primary Feet First point of contact with the CDC/DOH
- Create plans for “Walk with Ease” programs and lead implementation in selected locations
- Ensure measures are taken to sustain programs after initial phase
- Identify ways for monitoring and measuring success of new programs
- Provide regular report of activities to Feet First board
Requirements of successful candidate:
- Communicate clearly in written communication and speech.
- Relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Be comfortable learning new skills in an evolving role.
- Keep meticulous records of hours worked and costs incurred.
- Be able to reliably travel to any part of Washington, as needed.
The position is full time with benefits. Feet First is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resumes/cover letters to Director@feetfirst.info by close of business November 1 to be considered in the initial evaluation.
Any questions? Please feel free to call us at 206-352-2310.