Feet First has been commissioned by King County Metro in partnership with Steer Davies Gleave to manage an exciting new In Motion Travel Conversation Campaign. The project’s intent is to engage with the public and encourage people to travel in a more sustainable way, by offering tailored advice and information to help people who live in the targeted neighborhoods plan and make their trips by walking, taking the bus, and biking. The focus will be on encouraging healthy and active travel choices when making local trips and commuting
Team Leader Job Purpose:
The Team Leader will be required to manage a team of 4 Travel Advisors and report on progress to the Steer Davies Gleave project manager. The Team Leader will be required to actively manage the team who will be engaging residents in the Green Lake neighborhood of Seattle, as well as engaging residents themselves..
This project will visit residents at their doorsteps over a ten week period in the Green Lake neighborhood of Seattle.
A typical working day could include being in the office tracking and reporting on team progress, managing the office team’s workload, a visit to the field team to set daily tasks and spend time door knocking with the team, engaging with local stakeholders such as bus operators or housing associations, and securing incentives or supporting materials for the team.
The Team Leader will motivate the team to achieve high performance. The Team Leader will be based in the field with the team at least half of their working week, but will also be required to undertake some office duties on a daily basis,, as well as leading marketing initiatives with the team.
Prior to the resident engagement, the Team Leader will assist the Project Manager in setting up the project.
- Assist with locating and setting up the project office.
- Attend a paid Travel Advisor training the week of March 23.
- Manage and motivate Travel Advisors to ensure progress and performance targets are met including spending a substantial period of time out in the field with the team assisting with the Travel Advisors’ duties.
- Manage the team’s timesheets.
- Liaison with and reporting to the Project Manager and other members of the project team on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the team follows established procedures including data collection, processing and reporting, adhering to Key Performance Indicators and quality standards to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that statistical information is produced, collated, and analysed on a regular basis.
- Lead team meetings, reporting on team progress and motivate the team to achieve high quality service.
- Implement and maintain health and safety, equal opportunities, customer service standards, and other policies as appropriate.
- Respond to customer enquiries via email, letter and telephone within agreed response times.
- Engage with stakeholders and partner organizations, including attendance at events, meetings and other activities as required.
- Assist with marketing work including social media and communicating with customers via email and telephone.
- Undertake the duties of the Travel Advisors as required.
- Assist with other work as required by the Project Manager.
- Experience of leading a small team, and motivating them to meet challenging targets while maintaining quality of service.
- Excellent organization skills and time management.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to write clearly in English.
- Good level of experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Experience of undertaking and managing data entry accurately and efficiently.
- A passion for helping people and improving the local community.
- An interest in local transportation and knowledge of the local area is desirable.
- A friendly and approachable manner, and excellent verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills.
- Are happy to work outdoors and be mobile and active throughout the working day
Up to 30 hours per week /$20 per hour (from approx. March 23 June 6)
Typical hours of work will be Monday to Friday between the hours 10am 7 pm. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Hours will be flexible in the planning and evaluation stages of the project- approx. 20 hrs/week from March 1-23 and 10hrs/week from June 7- July 14.
Details for applying:
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
email@example.com in the subject line put TEAM LEADER
Attn: TEAM LEADER Position
314 First Avenue South
Seattle WA 98104
No phone calls, please.
Friday, February 27, 2015 by 5pm
Background of Feet First:
Since 2001, Feet First has been working across the state to ensure all communities in Washington are walkable. We help people take steps that create better places to live, learn, work,shop and play–a world that cares about health, community, and the environment. More information about Feet First is located on our website: www.feetfirst.org