Since 2001, Feet First has been working across the state to ensure all communities in Washington are walkable. We help people take steps that create better places to live, learn, work,shop and play–a world that cares about health, community, and the environment.
About you and this position:
You should be passionate about the rights for people of all ages and abilities to safely and easlily walk. You should be passionate about advocating for more places for people to walk. You should be passionate about promoting walking. We are looking for a dynamic person to join our growing team in the Nord Building, an open office environment.
Administrative Assistant Job Purpose:
Enhances Executive Director’s effectiveness by providing information management support; volunteer management and assistance with day to day coordination of scheduling, invoicing, filing and general office management.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Supports Executive Director by researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications.
- Maintains executive director’s schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes visitors to Feet First by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Completes clerical projects and in some cases, managing volunteers; following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Supports bookkeeper by coordinating proper paperwork for invoicing and coordinating proper paperwork for invoicing.
- Develops and utilizes filing and retrieval systems (paper/electronic).
- Manages monthly membership renewal and thank you.
- Supports electronic newsletter.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Excellent Writing and Reporting Skills,
Excellent Verbal Communication
Competent with Scheduling and making travel arrangements
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Excellent Time Management,
Understanding and interest in Volunteer Management,
Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Meetup, Youtube).
20 hours per week and includes benefits/$16.60 per hour
Details for applying:
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
email@example.com in the subject line put ADMIN ASSISTANT POSITION
Attn: Administrative Assistant Position
314 First Avenue South
Seattle WA 98144
No phone calls, please.
More information about Feet First is located on our website
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 by 5pm